Fifth Avenue Place Environmental Overview
At Fifth Avenue Place, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
Fifth Avenue Place is certified Gold in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED® EB:OM) rating system. As part of LEED® Gold certification, the building has well-established Green Cleaning and Sustainable Purchasing Programs. The washroom plumbing fixtures at Fifth Avenue Place are also 29% more efficient than standard fixtures. Finally, through the property’s Sustainable Transportation program, they have determined that 83% of building occupants use a sustainable form of transportation when traveling to and from the building.
Fifth Avenue Place is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
28% Carbon Emissions Reduced
That’s 2,368 metric tonnes of CO2!
40% Water Savings
That is enough water to fill 9 Olympic sized swimming pools!
17% Waste Reduced
Not only have we greatly reduced how much waste we produce , we still diverted 75% of our waste from landfill!
- Savings are calculated as 2015 vs 2019
- Figures represent absolute data. Normalization factors such as weather & occupant density, or operational changes are not included.
Green amenities and highlights at Fifth Avenue Place include:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- axiis Tenant App with sustainability tips, news, and events
- Bike parking & maintenance facilities
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in Tenant spaces
- FSC Certified paper products
- Waste diversion rate of 75%
At Brookfield Properties, we work directly with our waste management providers, tenants, building occupants, and visitors towards a common goal of reducing the amount of waste we generate and send to landfill. By ensuring the correct items are placed in each waste bin, we can reduce the amount of contamination found in our waste streams. Since contaminated waste streams often end up as landfill, making the right bin choice is a quick way to make a positive impact on our community.
Waste Sorting Tips and Tricks
- Ensure all containers are empty before recycling
- Look for recycling numbers on the underside of jars and bottles for recycling information
- When recycling large boxes in the office, break them down so that they are flat
- Remember that recycling at work is not the same as home
- Remember that anything contaminated will go straight to the garbage dump
- When in doubt, ask your tenant services manager where your waste goes