Brookfield Place Toronto Environmental Overview
At Brookfield Place Toronto, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident both in the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities we offer at the building.
Brookfield Place Toronto is certified Gold in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED® EB:OM) rating system. As part of LEED® Gold certification, the building has well-established Green Cleaning and Sustainable Purchasing Programs, and an Ecozone in the parking garage. The washroom plumbing fixtures at Brookfield Place Toronto are also 34% more efficient than standard fixtures. The multi-level Ecozone features Electric Vehicle (EV) charging spaces for up to 32 electric or hybrid vehicles. Additionally, the building offers 140 bike spots and provides tenants with access to a bike repair and maintenance toolkit. At Brookfield Place Toronto, over 96% of building occupants use a sustainable form of transportation to travel to or from the building.
Brookfield Place Toronto is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
16% Water Savings
That is enough water to fill 6 Olympic sized swimming pools!
53% Waste Reduced
Not only have we reduced how much waste we produce by more than half, we still diverted 53% of our waste from landfill!
- Savings are calculated as 2015 vs 2019
- Figures represent absolute data. Normalization factors such as weather & occupant density, or operational changes are not included.
Green amenities and highlights at Brookfield Place Toronto include:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- axiis Tenant App with sustainability tips, news, and events
- Bike parking & maintenance facilities
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in tenant spaces
- Ecozone in parking garage with EV charging stations
- FSC Certified paper products
- Membership in Clean Building Association
- Writing instrument recycling program
At Brookfield Properties, we work directly with our waste management providers, tenants, building occupants, and visitors towards a common goal of reducing the amount of waste we generate and send to landfill. By ensuring the correct items are placed in each waste bin, we can reduce the amount of contamination found in our waste streams. Since contaminated waste streams often end up as landfill, making the right bin choice is a quick way to make a positive impact on our community.
Waste Sorting Tips and Tricks
- Ensure all containers are empty before recycling
- Look for recycling numbers on the underside of jars and bottles for recycling information
- When recycling large boxes in the office, break them down so that they are flat
- Remember that recycling at work is not the same as home
- Remember that anything contaminated will go straight to the garbage dump
- When in doubt, ask your tenant services manager where your waste goes